My OnlyPans Debut - NatterStack Buttermilk Pancakes
Updated: 2 hours ago
It’s day 1 of 31 on our lockdown journey, and welcome to my OnlyPans debut. Where I create sensual dishes full of hot pans, steamy oil, and spicy whiskey. And is there a better way to start than with these NatterStacked Pancakes?
Whiskey and Pancakes, I hear you say? You “batter” believe it!
These pancakes take the meaning of “boozy brunch” to a whole new level. These indulgent whiskey & buttermilk pancakes, are slathered in a rich and buttery blueberry whiskey sauce, to leave you on a path of ascendancy to the heavens. Possibly after a triple bypass, but they taste great too!
- 408g all-purpose flour
- 100g of sugar
- 58g baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 180ml of Irish whiskey
- 4 eggs
- 480ml of buttermilk
- 15ml vanilla extract
- 240ml golden syrup
- 42g of butter
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 380g blueberries
- Stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk bourbon, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add them together and rest for 15 minutes. The longer it rests, the richer the flavor of whiskey will be. I left it overnight.
- Place the butter, syrup, and cinnamon in a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the whiskey and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add the blueberries and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Squash the blueberries and allow the syrup to cool.
- Add butter to a pan and fill a ladle with the pancake batter.
- Wait until bubbles form all over the pancake and edges begin to firm.
- With a soft spatula, gently caress the edges of the batter, easing it, and slide it underneath in a quick motion.
- Flip it over and change sides.
- Drizzle and devour.