The Irish Cinnabun - Oh God, this is Good.
Updated: Jan 20, 2021
Today I bring you the Irish Cinnabun, the best one to date.
The Swedes have blessed the world with many gifts over time. These being Abba, Spotify, H&M, Minecraft, Ibrahimovic, Volvo, and a modern society that works. But above all, they gave us the Kanelbulle (Cinnamon Bun), which has its national day on October 4th. But like coffee, there was a way the cinnamon bun could be improved. And by improved, I mean "a little more Irish."
You can now skip that trip to Ikea and have yourself some home-made Irish Cinnabuns drizzled in a Black Bush Caramel Sauce. You will not be disappointed.
- 180ml full fat milk
- 2 ¼ quick rise yeast
- 50g granulated sugar
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 410g bread flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 134g brown sugar
- 25g ground cinnamon
- 60g softened unsalted butter
Step 1 - Dough
- Warm the milk for 30 seconds
- Place yeast, sugar, egg, egg yolk, butter and mix well. Add the flour and salt and mix until dough begins to form.
Step 2 – Dough
- Knead the dough for 9 minutes on a well-floured surface until it’s slightly sticky.
- Transfer it to a bowl and cover it in clingfilm/tinfoil and cover it with a warm table cloth for 80 minutes.
Step 3 - Dough
- Roll the dough into a 14x9 inch rectangle.
- Spread the butter across the dough
Step 1 – Filling
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together
- Sprinkle the mixture over the dough
Step 2 – Filling
- Roll the dough tightly and cut into 1 inch slices
- Put the slices onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper
Step 3 – Filling
- Preheat the oven at 160c (fan oven)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden on the edges (we want it nice and soft on the inside)
Now just drizzle the Black Bush Caramel Sauce over the rolls, and let cool.